Old March 13th 08, 10:03 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
lu-lu

Default How to stop the night wakings?

"cjra" wrote in message
On Mar 13, 4:13 pm, Anne Rogers wrote:

So this is where you have to get creative, is there anyway at all you
can create a space for her - even if it means moving something every
night all a room has to be is a space where you can put a crib that is
not within reach of anything that can do her harm, which mean placing
something in the middle of an otherwise empty and undecorated room is an
option - it's what my parents do at their house, they have a room with
shelving all around the walls and precious things on them, it's a small
room, but a crib in the middle is far enough from everything. I had
friends who's baby slept in the kitchen, they moved the crib from the
hall to the kitchen every single night and every nap, it was a pain but
their kid had a normal or even better than normal sleep routine at every
age.

Our problem is lack of doors - all the doors have been removed and
sent of for stripping (lead paint removal), . So without doors,
there's no way to make the area quiet for her to sleep and still have
us do anything else in the house. That's why I don' t put her in the
room I've been using. There are only two other rooms which *can* be
closed off and are otherwise safe, we don't have *that* many rooms in
the house to begin with. Well, there is the bathroom but I'd rather
not put her to sleep in there....

If the next few options don't work we'll consider re-arranging beds
and closing off a room somehow. I'm trying to do this without totally
re-structuring the house, if at all possible.

I might be a little dippy here, apologies if so Can she not sleep in the
room she's in at the moment, and your DH sleep in the room you're in (with
you)?

Lucy x