Old October 17th 05, 10:47 AM

Default Irvings fire editor over breastfeeding cover

Mum of Two wrote:

You know, I think I've figured out why people have a problem with photos
like this, and breastfeeding in general. It can't be the breast - there
isn't even any nipple showing, and you can see more breast at the beach. I
think it's because our culture is so squeamish about body fluids. I think
the mere idea that there is a body fluid transfer going on that upsets
people with this problem.
It's a step away from wearing Michael Jackson-like gloves and masks and
putting blankets over your children.

That's an interesting point. When I first had ds and my niece and
nephew came to visit I went upstairs to bf. Niece (age 8)followed and
was really interested in it all. Curious Nephew (7)followed after a bit
and decided bf was 'minging'. When asked why he said it wasn't my
breast that was minging but the fact that ds was eating from it. He was
horrified when his mum pointed out he used to love eating from her and
made slurping noises

His latest cheekiness:

Mum and Nephew in his bedroom having a disagreement.
Mum telling M off
N: See that
M: Yes, it's a door.
N: Use it.