Old July 18th 03, 07:40 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

Default Baby Acne & Allergies

Elana wrote:

How often does she get a bath?

Not very! She's really not spitty and I try to get her both
clean and air-dried with each diaper change, so we only put
her in the tub once or twice a week (usually after she's
been in the heat and is sweaty). It's just too much effort
(and it makes her hair so dry and flyaway), even though she
likes it. I do wipe her face down with a damp cloth once a day.

Have you tried vinegar in the rinse instead of fabric conditioner?

Diapers and most of her clothes get a vinegar rinse. Then
the diapers go on the line (so get no fabric softener), and
clothes go into the dryer with an unscented dryer sheet.

What type of soap/shampoo do you use on her?

We started out with Johnson's baby wash, which says it's
hypoallergenic, but is scented. She got two baths with one
of the lavender baby washes, which makes her smell really
nice, but seemed to make her spottier. So we switched to
California Baby's Sensitive Skin wash, which is completely
unscented. No improvement.

Is there anything that you've recently eaten that you didn't before?

Nothing I can identify that I've eaten more than once, and
if it was a one-time thing, I'd think she'd have stopped
reacting.

Phoebe