Old January 19th 05, 02:27 AM
Alex Nemeth

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:34:14 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"P.Fritz" wrote in message
"Cele" wrote in message

[snip]

Blue - now that's a lot closer. Kokanee would be my preference.
Fosters...Lordy...you shoulda seen the size of the Fosters tin Paul
was served in Manhattan! The tin was so big T took it home to show her
friends.

Must have been one of those 'oil cans' That was the only way you could

get
it in the states 20 years ago (now I'm showing my age ;-) )

20 years ago in the States was the first time I had one that size too. We
must be of similar ages.

you young whippersnappers

I can remember "special events" of 20 yes ago, but not the beer,
probably because I drank Jack D. Cptn Morgan,

Odd thing is that I remember a time when it was illegal to transport
Coors east of the Mississppi River ( or so I was told at the time ) ,
and my grandfather coming home with a couple of cases after a trip to
Reno. Now if I could only remember what it tasted like.

These recent ones were 24 ounces but I have a feeling the older ones might
have been even bigger.

Never saw one like that when I was in Australia, so I don't
know what that's all about.

BTW, in Oz, I discovered that only tourists order Fosters. It's XXX or
DB there, it seems. But the Aussies make good beer.

Those liters of beer went down easy in Munich too!

A beer fest is something I've always wanted to go to but so far haven't
managed.

I also liked the 1/2 wheat beer and 1/2 lemonade.......didn't get you
hammered in the middle of the day :-)

What's wrong with getting hammered in the middle of the day then? :-)