Old July 22nd 05, 06:55 PM
CME

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"CME" wrote in message
news:VIYDe.127012$HI.94987@edtnps84...

".'Kate" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:53:33 GMT, "CME" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Sorry I'm piggybacking...

Wow it sounds like she had an amazing time. How long was she gone for?

Christine

3 weeks. I forgot her stop in Switzerland. 10 countries in 20 days. Ya
gotta be young. Eurail & youth hostels (dorms) helped to keep costs
down. She met many other young people from all over the globe. The
place
she'd go back to in a heartbeat is Venice. The place she never wants to
visit again is everywhere in France. The men were way too forward.

She took a Waldo figurine with her so that she could do a "Where's
Waldo" webpage. She managed some other fun things like eating Belgium
waffles in Belgium, French bread in France, but drew the line at
Brussles sprouts. :-) They eat better over there... smaller portions, a
greater variety of tastes each meal, and less fried foods and fast
foods. Even so, she managed to find a KFC or McDonalds pretty much
everywhere.

I love hearing about her adventures. I hope she wakes up and comes over
so I can see the pictures!

'K

Oh I am SOOOO jealous. Europe is definitely on my list of places to

travel
next. The last thing I'll be doing though is going to McDonalds. lol

Actually, Mcdonalds are great (dependably clean restrooms) and cheap
place to get a drink (some even sell beer)

If you can travel last minute.......Air Transat has some great deals to
Europe.......Last year I went to Munich round trip for 800 U.S. out of
Toronto, could have gone to Dublin this yeat in July for 400 RT. (It
was
really tempting)

Well had I not taken in a roommate that mooched off me for over a month,
that might have been feasible. I thought to myself, well it's not a
boyfriend, it'll be someone who can be there for my sons, we're friends, he
makes good money, it'll be a good thing. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Suddenly he didn't have work or any savings and started eating my food. So
I went through MY savings, he wasn't getting paid for a week and now I'm
having to pick up a second job to recover. So suffice it to say, I changed
the locks and gave him notice. He can make arrangements to pick up his
things after I get what's owed. Oh when will I ever learn???

Christine