Old March 13th 06, 10:57 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Question for religious parents

R. Steve Walz wrote:
wrote:

Many-worlds says that in reality, what we've got is a multiverse, and
that we can't get any information whatsoever from any of the other
universes. And what happens to the cat is that it fissions into two
cats; any given cat is either dead or alive, but not both.

-----------------------------
We say that something must be alive or dead, but in medicine we can
see that there's quite a span between the two that is sort of undefined,
but still, FINALLY the cat is dead or alive. Schroedinger's Cat is not
specific to the difference between different interpretations, nor to
discussion of the MWI.

So change it to an electron going through the slits, instead of a cat.
The point remains that the superposition is not A, not B, not both A
and B, and not neither A nor B. It's something different altogether.
It is not affirming a contradiction.

I'm not talking about reasons for belief, nor am I talking about
consequences. I'm talking about what it is to say, "I believe X;"
specifically, that it means you do not believe not X.

Belief is affirmative, the opposite is NOT actually believing NOT-X
but believeing OTHER than X.

If you believe something other than X, then you believe not X. You
think X is a false belief.

--
C, mama to three year old nursling