Old February 12th 04, 01:13 AM
Sandi Jones

Default How can I improve my 3rd grade kid Math and Spelling skills (anyweb sites)

If you go to a teacher supply hose they have these really great flash
cards, they cost more, but I will explain WHY they are cool. They are
triangles with the facts written on them, rather than the standard
rectangles. What difference does this make, you may ask? Well, the WHOLE
problem is right there on the card. Here's two sample cards for
demonstration.

4+4
8

2+3
5

On the first card, you can hold your hand over the bottom, and the
problem is 4+4=?
If you hold your hand over a corner, the problem is 4+?=8
This enables you to review the same facts with the same cards from
different directions.

The same applies with the other card
2+3=?
2+?=5
?+3=5

They are heavy card stock, with a good assortment of problems per
package. If you cannot find them in your area, I'll search online, i
don't recall the name. If you need me to look, I'll check some of my
catalogs or local stores to at least get you the name to help you find
these great cards. Actually, you could even make your own with poster
board and a broad marker, but sometimes we don't get around to making
these things...

Sandi Jones

I don't think technology is the only answer. 3x5" cards with questions
(3+5=) and answers on the other is one way to go.