Old July 14th 06, 06:01 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Caledonia

Default birth control??

Anne Rogers wrote:
.
Sarah wrote:
I was on one of the mini-pills briefly after Jamie was born and found it
to be a pain remembering it within the three-hour window. I set my watch
alarm, but it meant breaking off what I was doing to go and take it. I
found the IUCD much easier (I got the ordinary kind, not the Mirena).
Having it put in was unpleasant, but after that I just didn't need to
worry about it at all.

would it be helpful if Sarah explained why she went for the non hormonal
one?

For me, I went with the non-hormonal IUD b/c of a family history of
stroke, and anything hormonal --even topical -- seemed like a Bad Idea
for my risk profile.

My periods are somewhat heavier and a lot shorter, the insertion wasn't
bad, and I admit to a luddite-like concern regarding increasing the
amount of non-naturally produced hormones circulating in my body.
(Heck, if I'm making this a buying decision for chicken, how can I
reconcile having something implanted in me?)

I highly recommend the Copper-T; I've had it for 3+ years, no problems
(and no thinking).

Caledonia