Old January 6th 04, 03:50 PM
Dawn Lawson

Default worried about the future

Anne Rogers wrote:
Consider if you are using bfding as an excuse due to some other worry of
yours, not DS's. Are you concerned about your mother's ability to care
for your ds, or potential power struggles between you? Are you afraid
for your ds in another home? Is it residual stuff from the PPD you're
dealing with? (I'm not saying DON'T use it for an excuse, if you need
to, I don't personally think it will do DS any harm if you hold off on
overnights with gma til he's three or so, nursing or not)

I don't think I am, my mum is like every grandmother, she spoils him, but
we keep it in check. We are talking here about leaving him with her for a
week (I'd be happy to do a day or even 1 night) whilst I work as she is a
teacher and has more holidays than I do

Eek, a week!!!
I start to see the problem in a different light...I thought you were
just talking about a day or a night.
What about finding some university or late highschool student with hols
that would be willing to take up the childcare??

Dawn