Old October 4th 03, 12:53 AM
dragonlady

Default military schools?

In article ,
"ColoradoSkiBum" wrote:

: What you need to understand is that this is a child that was having very
serious
: problems. His early childhood was tumultuous and he has some behavioural
issues
: (ADHD, ODD) as well.

What is ODD? I've heard of OCD, but not ODD.

Oppositional [something - Defiance, maybe?] Disorder.

I think the folks here who have recommended psychiatric evaluation are
correct, by the way. Not just therapy, but a thorough evaluation by a
psychiatrist, not psychologist. I think you want an MD doing this --
your step son is clearly in lots of trouble, in many ways, and a
complete diagnostic workup could only help.

: To be frank, his behaviour was causing a lot of problems in
: our family and it came to a head last year. While we could have kept him
home
: and just continued to sweep the problems under the rug, we decided to have
him
: commited to the juvenile correctional system.

I wasn't aware that you *could* have a child "committed" to the juvenile
corrections system. How does that work? Not that I'm interested in that
for my own SS, I think that would be the wrong thing, but I'm definitely
curious about this.