Old September 12th 05, 12:35 AM
Henry

"SpiderHam77" wrote in news:1126379032.824037.18380
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Well one of the first things to consider in my case is that we are
not in the US. I think in some ways the laws surrounding custody and
child support are alot different up here. As somethings like child
support have been regulated, and essentially in most cases you can sit
down on your own and calculate it.

As a matter of fact things like custody are more often settled out of
court by a mediator, assigned by the courts. And it if it can not be
determined in mediation, then when it does go to court to be decided,
the mediator also provides a report on their findings.

So usually by the time it gets to court alot of the he said, she said
type thing is taken care of and the judge can work with the basics
more, the well being of the child.

And I don't know to much down there in the US, but I know here in
Canada there is a huge trend to start to favour Joint Custody, and
fathers are being considered at par at the table.

I live on Canada (in Ontario). Not a huge trend here. You have to fight and
fight and fight. Or, you may get joint custody and be the every other
weekend Dad (joint custody is not equal to joint access). I have seen my
share of judges and share of courtrooms. So biased against the Dad it is
not even funny.

H.