Old December 29th 03, 03:58 AM
laurie

Default Giving baby a bottle

In my experience, you may have waited too long. I definitely wouldn't go far
from home when you try it again.

It's still possible for you to get him to take a bottle, but it's going to take
a lot of patience and perseverence on yours and your husband's parts! BOth of
my kids had trouble taking the bottle but did finally take one; that was around
4 months, though, and they had been introduced to it much earlier and we had
just gotten lazy about it.

My suggestions are to try different temperatures, including making the milk
VERY warm (but not hot), which worked for my daughter. Also try different
nipples if you haven't already, my daughter liked avent and my son likes the
playtex orthodontic one, not the regulard playtex one.

Finally, though it's contradictory to what most people suggest, *I* was the one
who was able to get both of my kids to take a bottle. My son takes it great
from my husband now, but it took me getting him used to it for it to work.

Good luck!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 8 months