Old July 30th 09, 03:00 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

Default 8 year old boy cannot run up a 30 ft high hill

Ignoramus9483 wrote:
My son is 8 years old and surprised me recently. He could not run all
the way up to a 30 foot tall (in my estimation) hill.

I am 38, moderately overweight, and I have not exercised much in a few
years due to so called "lack of time". And yet I could run all the way
up that hill with a 40 lb toddler in my arms, and he could not even
run up without stopping. My 8 year old son is not fat, in fact he is
skinny.

Another time he ran up 5 stories of a apartment building and again
could not run all the way, and had to breathe very heavily afterwards.

Would I be justified in being concerned, e.g. should we talk to a
doctor, or is it within some normal bounds that can be corrected with
exercise?

Talk to your son's pediatrician. And, talk to your own doctor about diet
and excercise, too. You need to set up a healthy environment for
yourself and your son.

Jeff