Old April 16th 04, 07:44 PM
Jill

Default I went to my internal medicine dr today..

"Ilse Witch" wrote
Scary! Will they be doing any testing to find out what is causing it, or
do they already have an idea? I'm thinking allergies...?

More then likely they will have me do another sleep study....what I wonder
is, I had one done withint a year before pregnancy, and it came up with
problems but ruled OUT apnea...but as I have mentioned, that night, I did
not have any symptoms of stopping breathing, like I do sometimes, that wakes
me up.

So I am wondering what the chances are of my having had sleep apnea all
along, and the sleep study I had missed it?? It makes perfect sense...I do
have sinus/allergies, but allergy remedies are not my miracle cure for
feeling like I can't breathe at night.

Unfortunately, the only thing I know fo they are planning to do is put me
back on a klonopin at bedtime. The other thing they can do for sleep apnea
is a CPAP machine but no one has mentioned this to me, I think for my
insurance to cover it, the sleep study would have to show apnea. Weird! I am
confused as to whether apnea can be temporary during pregnancy...I always
thought if you had apnea, you have it..but the dr thinks when my weight and
swelling go back down after pregnancy, I'll be better. Interestingly,
overweight is a risk factor for apnea but most of the people I know who
officially have it and use the CPAP are very think. Not all, but a lot of
them!