Old December 2nd 04, 11:25 AM
Welches

"emilymr" emily@xxxxxx wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
Micah vomited all over me today, about a minute after a 10-minute feeding
(he usually eats 10-15 minutes on one side each time) -- it was very
dramatic and really looked like the entire contents of his stomach, and it
arched out (twice) probably going about 8 inches from his little mouth.
After that, I let him rest for about 1/2 hour and then gave him just a
little (maybe 3 minutes) which he promptly spit up -- not vomited that
time -- and he did this again for the next 3 feedings (also really short
ones).

I looked up projectile vomiting on google and of course the website on
pyloric stenosis popped up, and I of course spent the next 5 hours
sobbing, imagining my baby's going to have to have abdominal surgery. I
think I've regained sanity somewhat (although I really never imagined the
mommy gig was going to be so emotionally draining!! and I never was the
hypochondriac -- that's supposed to be DH!) -- but has anyone ever
experienced this?

I'm going to try feeding him much shorter durations more frequently and
maybe stopping wearing the nipple shields (there are little foam things in
them to catch leaked milk -- maybe they're collecting bacteria?? gross).
I don't think it was anything I ate, since I've only eaten leftovers that
didn't seem to affect him the other day.

If he had pyloric stenosis then you'd have known about it much sooner...
like after the first good feed.
#1 did one really big projectile vomit (all over dh it was :-) hee hee) and
#2 had a couple of days when she seemed to bring a lot up, but settled down
again.
Just wonder whether he's got a cold, because the mucus running down the back
of the throat can cause this-it's what caused #2 to do it.
Debbie