Old September 13th 03, 05:34 PM
Tiffany

Default A debate, please

fairly_happy wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message
delurk

She
took NOTHING from my father. She got no money, nothing from the

retirement
funds they saved, no properties that she also helped pay for. No all

divorce
ends bad.

Did you mean to say not all divorce ends bad for *men*, or not all divorce
ends bad? In this case, it sounds like it ended bad for your mom. She
helped save for retirement, and helped pay for the properties - it seems
like they should have split the assets fairly. It is just as wrong for

the
man to keep everything and the wife get nothing as it is in the reverse
case. Things have to be fair for *both* genders, or they aren't fair for
*either*. Unless there is more to the story that I'm unaware of, the case
of your parents doesn't sound like it ended well at all....

relurk

Her thinking was she was leaving, for another man at that, so she didn't
think it was right to take anything. She didn't contribute equally to the
assets, also. She definitely didn't make enough money for it to be equal. In
the eyes of the judge though, she would have still gotten half.

I mean that not all divorce ends bad for men.