Old September 23rd 03, 03:47 AM
smokinjo

Default A debate, please

Another lurker's 2 cents......................In my divorce they gave me the
max cs of 450 a month for one child. When circumstances changed and I was
able to gain custody my ex;s cs was supposed to be 200 but the judge said in
light of her personal circumstances the court will adjust it to 150. Simply
because she chose to not work everyday........going on 5 years and I've seen
a grand total of 250 dollars.
"Scott" wrote in message
nk.net...
being a Dad with custody... here are my 2 cents

the non-custodial parent suffers, unless both parents work together to

keep
the parenting partnership alive. having said that ....

history has proven the courts crucify the fathers and coddle the mothers.
hell, I receive $21/mo child support while my x has a good job and does

not
report her earnings. what I find more disturbing is that she is now
divorced from the man she left me for and He pays a bucket load of money a
month for the two children they have together. I don't think this is an
unusual situation. i often think about the equal rights amendment when I
think about Dads and custody.

don't get me wrong, I am not bitter about the finances. I worked three

jobs
after my divorce without seeing a dime for years. The few times I
officially questioned the process and was swiftly swept under the rug put

me
in my place (the single dad bin).

I am just happy and thankful being a Dad and praise God that I can spend
every day with my Son, damn the rest-

Scott

"Joelle" wrote in message
Is anyone able to sum it all up?

Men suffer more than women in divorce and custody.

Joelle