Old July 19th 03, 03:53 AM
CBI

Default 6 week imunisation - good or bad

"Wendy Marsden" wrote in message
Tsu Dho Nimh wrote:

Chickenpox can be complicated by a variety of serious conditions
including skin infections which can progress to blood borne
infections, infections of the brain which may result in
disability, and serious pneumonia. In rare incidences, these
complications can progress to death.

Sounds like typical twenty-something male behavior, ignoring skin
infections, getting sick unto death before they seek help... I hope to
prevent that scenario by having my son get chickenpox when I'm around to
monitor him, not when his vaccine wears off while he's away at college.

The skin infections are not usually what kills you. Mostly it is the viral
pneumonia. There is no effective treatment for it. No amount of monitoring
will avoid it.

Then there is the cerebritis.

--
CBI, MD