Old November 22nd 05, 09:02 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents

Default PHISHER AT WORK; DON'T WAKE IT UP The folly of ..... The folly of dependence on laws

GO TRY WAREZ; THEY'RE MORE YOUR STYLE THAN THE FECES-LADEN
NON-SUPPORT YOU DROP IN THIS GROUP. GO PILLAGE ELSEWHERE
MORON. OOPS; SORRY, DIDN'T MEAN TO CALL YOU A MORON; THAT'S A
TERM FOR SAPIENT BEINGS.

wrote in message
oups.com...
:
: Opinions wrote:
: In one of the more famous examples of using laws to pursue a
political
: objective, the former Soviet Union granted women absolute
equality with
: men. This was no mere law. Rather it was actually written
into the
: Soviet constitution. Then, a little over a decade later, the
Soviet
: Union collapsed and the status of even the most well educated
women
: plunged into the political basement. Their daughters often
wound up
: working as prostitutes.
:
: ....which would lead to the logical conclusion that having
given women
: equality under their constitution brought down the soviet
union, and by
: correlation would therefore lead to the conclusion made their
daughters
: have to work as prostitutes. Yes, we understand. 0;-
:
: What those who put absolute faith in laws always forget is
that the
: governments that pass them eventually collapse.
:
: Presuming enough time passes it's possible that any government
will
: collapse. Absolute faith or lack thereof has little to do with
it.
:
: Right now, American
: feminists are scared that their hard won *right* to abortion
will be
: lost simply because of a changing of the guard in the Supreme
Court.
: Then that is the nature of manmade laws.
:
: Yes, certainly is. Woman made laws too.
:
: When governments fail, families survive.
:
: Actually you are wrong. Failing governments again and again
destroy
: families. Rwanda might be an example. Our own country after the
civil
: war, saw families disrupted and members scattered about the
country.
:
: Even in war, women make love
: and give birth.
:
: Gosh, I'm impressed with your insights.
:
: People search for meaning through established
: religions.
:
: Yep, and having found meaning they have faith in, just as they
have
: faith in laws, sometimes it works, and sometimes, as you point
out, it
: doesn't. Fancy that.
:
: One of the first institutions to rise from the rubble of
: the Soviet system was the church.
:
: What makes you think it was gone in Soviet society?
:
: Having lost their legal equality,
: women once again had to find men able to support themselves
and their
: children.
:
: Then why do you think they turned to prostitution? Or are you
now
: admitting that was hyperbole and in fact women marry, and did
before,
: during, and after soviet govenrment?
:
: The further laws stray from what people do normally do, the
more severe
: the correction when the political infrastructure shifts or
collapses.
:
: If we knew what you meant by "normally do" we might better
understand
: your point.
:
: For myself, I look at history, even more recent history, and
see that
: women do a great deal that men do, and do so quite normally.
They often
: though are not compensated for it equally.
:
: That is what happened to the equality of women in Russia.
:
: What? A government collapsed and it effected the equality of
women?
: What do you think the men were doing while their "daughters"
were doing
: their prostitution?
:
: It is the
: same trap into which no-spanks are set to fall since, having
failed to
: persuade parents to commit to their idiotic scheme, they are
left with
: only a recourse to the coercive power of laws in pursuit of
their
: agenda.
:
: So you expect now that our government will collapse as a result
and the
: children will become prostitutes. Yes, we see. 0;-
:
: It is one of the weakest position from which any faction can
: operate. Indeed, it is often the hallmark of a politically
: illegitimate regime!
:
: The use of the power of law is the hallmark of political
illegitimacy?
:
: What use would legitimate political regimes make of the power
of law
: then?
:
: And what laws would fit what people do naturally, as you
mentioned
: earlier, presuming you mean that would make for a legitimate
permanent
: political regime?
:
: Are you suggesting it's natural for men to beat women, and deny
them
: the vote and employment equality, and for parents to beat their
: children and the law should reflect that "natural" state of
humanity?
:
: Which laws do you see as illigitimate and which legitimate?
What human
: actions and inactions do you consider natural and not?
:
: So, you've been sitting there silently brooding since your last
failed
: fore' on this ng mulling this all over and have come up with a
: solution. Let's hear it, Observer.
:
: I'm especially interested in just how far a parent should be
allowed to
: go before the state intervenes in his or her discipline
measures using
: physical force.
:
: How much injury is allowable as "natural?"
:
: 0:-
: