Old June 13th 07, 02:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

Default Baby names and NO idea

"beyond the pale" wrote in message
I don't have the time to dwell on this pregnancy like I did with #1 and
it's really obvious.

That's pretty typical. By the time I was on my third, I couldn't tell you
right off how far along I was, lol. There was just no time to belly gaze
like there was the first time around.

This time around, I figure we'll wait until about 8.5 months and throw
something together if we even fix the room up before the birth- I saved
all the baby gear so we have the crib and swing etc. I saved clothing too
a lot of which is unisex for the first year..

Now you know that you don't all that stuff right in the beginning. I have to
laugh at myself now when I think back to my first and I had to have
everything, like high chair, etcxx. When in reality, all you need in the
beginning is a place to sleep, clothes, and your milk.

Even worse though, I haven't a CLUE about names. I do think about it, but
I have not hit upon a name I really like for either gender and if I do
have something I'm partial to, I cannot come up with a nice middle name.
Ack. Has anyone else gone until the last minute and had no name?? I am far
from last minute- LOL. But I keep telling myself I won't think of names
until the last month or so.

Well it's still pretty early. With my second, we couldn't agree on names and
had a few picked out. We decided to wait until she was born to see what she
looked like and then decided on a name. It's really not that big of a deal.

As far as the names go, name your child what you want and forget about what
others have named their kids. I do think in the same family might be
awkward, but not if it was just my friends who had the same name. My friend
and I both named our kids the same, no biggy.

LOl but really, I feel like if I have nothing else ready that's fine but
it's too bad not to have a name. This means I will surely go into labor
early and will not be prepared.

I think having clothes ready and a place to sleep is far more important.

Sue (mom to three girls)