Old May 28th 04, 03:13 PM
Mary W.

Default Percentiles and weight (x-posted)

Jill wrote:

Do you just use the Isis or also an electric pump?I have the Medela Harmony
which is supposed to be very similar to the Isis and I liked it at first, I
tried it as soon as my milk came in and was able to get an ounce pumped
several times a day...but I realized it was making me raw and sore, when
nursing was not.

Your baby is still very new, pumping should be pretty low on your priority
list (I'd do it only if I was engorged and baby was sleeping). For manual
pumps, it takes some practice. If you are sore, you are probably applying
too much suction- you really don't need much (although it varies from person
to person). I'd certainly wait a bit before purchasing another pump (unless
you have a real need to start building a stash (going back to work)). Give
your manual another try. I always found my Isis worked best if I was really
full (couldn't get a good suction otherwise, so first thing in the morning
was my best bet for using it successfully). Also, Medela customer service
is very good, you might call them to see if they have any additional tips-
but again, it'll probably take some practice, and you might want to wait
until your baby is a little older.

Mary