Old October 12th 03, 09:07 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

Default More milk on right than left?

Kathy wrote:

I notice when I pump (with an Avent Isis) that my right breast seems to
produce a lot more milk than the left...or at least it releases more
milk for the pump than the left...I'd say close to twice as much.

That happens to me, too, but my left produces more than the
right. If I assiduously nurse on the right side for a day,
I can pump more the next day (so both sides produce about
the same amount for the pump). It's normal, and I don't
worry about it.

do I need to worry about whether I am producing
foremilk or hind milk for the freezer stash I am making?

I wouldn't arbitrarily stop at one ounce from one side.
When I pump one side at a time, I stop after 2 letdowns or
when I can't feel any more "full" spots on that side.
Usually that's more than an ounce.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt