Old October 13th 03, 03:11 AM
Irrational Number

Default More milk on right than left?

Kathy wrote:

I notice when I pump (with an Avent Isis) that my right breast seems to
produce a lot more milk than the left...

I always have this. The left one produces 3 oz. at most.
The right one varies between 1 oz. to 5 oz., but it's
almost always double the left.

Is this bad? Is there something I can or should do to increase the
amount of milk that my left breast produces? Or is it normal and I am
worrying myself over nothing?

I wouldn't worry about it. What I try to do is always
start Pillbug on the left breast to stimulate it to
produce more. That hasn't changed anything! But, I'm
able to pump enough and nurse him enough, so I'm not
worried about the disparity.

One other question...do I need to worry about whether I am producing
foremilk or hind milk for the freezer stash I am making?

I also wouldn't worry about this. If you're making a
stash to use *occasionally*, then if once in a while,
baby gets a bit more foremilk, that doesn't matter. If
you're like me, pumping 20 oz. a day at work for the
nanny the next day, well, it all evens out anyway.

-- Anita --
Pillbug is 4 months, about 20 pounds!

--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE