Old November 17th 03, 03:53 PM
lynn

Default the dreaded "sleep thru night" thread

In article ,
wrote:
So, question is...how long has anyone let there baby CIO? The 1st time
around at 3 months, 30-40minutes was painful but it worked. This time
around it is so much harder.

Also, I know a lot of people are opposed to the CIO method but I can't
function at work on the 3-5hrs of sleep I get and my son is always
happiest when he gets a really long sleep at night.

Any suggestions? We just went in and got him again and he cried for 2hrs.

You can't just CIO. Get the Ferber book and read it to learn more about
these ideas. There was a just recently a great post about it in the
breastfeeding newsgroup, summarizing Ferber and CIO, and popular
misconceptions about it. See
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=JB...shog.newsre a
d.com

Establishing good sleep habits has a lot to do with sleep associations,
routine, and reassurance.

Other suggestions:
a lovey - it was around this age that we noticed that DS liked the feel
of a particular blanket, so we started giving it to him every day when
he slept. Other friends had success with something of the mother's, like
a silk top. And other babies have a favorite stuffed animal or pillow.

- Lynn