Old November 17th 03, 05:43 PM
Welches

Default the dreaded "sleep thru night" thread

Sophie wrote in message

A four hour nap?! Sheeh...I wouldn't want to sleep either.

We did naps that were no more than 2 hours, and still do. And no naps
after 4p. P's always asleep by 10, at the latest.

He doesn't sleep through, but at least we get him down at a normal time,
and up at a normal time.
--
'Tis Herself

My youngest is 23 months and that's what we do. He naps from 12-2

usually.
No way does he go past 4 pm.

We started putting ours down at a bedtime at 6 months old. We got him
whenever he woke up. I wouldn't let a 6 month old CIO, and certainly not
for an hour or 2.

Depends on the child though.
Dd#1 would have a 4 hour nap finishing at about 5:30 or sometimes later,
then would go to bed at 8:30 and sleep 12 hours. That was when she was about
10-12 months. After that I had to get her up by 5:00, and no more than 3
hours, if I wanted her to settle easily.
She still is best (age 3) with 1-1.5hour nap woken at 4:00. Until about
3-4months ago she could sleep till 4:30, and would sleep for 2 hours without
having problems sleeping at 8:30. However she does survive without a sleep
if necessary.
Debbie