Old August 11th 05, 04:12 AM
Marie

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:04:53 -0700, "oregonchick"
wrote:
I just feel like a wimp. I know women who worked on their feet up until
delivery. One of our friends is a nurse and she did 12 hour shifts until
she gave birth. What's wrong with me???

I think that you do what you have to do when you have no choice.
During my first two pregnancies, I worked at McD's all the way to my
due dates, but I had to work to support myself and child and I had no
experience for a desk-type job. It was fast food, grocery store or
factory work back then. I was working 40+ hours up to the last month,
when the manager refused to give me more hours(his wife popped out
babies one after the other and he was the "expert" on pregnancy lol)
In my third pregnancy, I did not work at all and felt sooo worn out
all the time. I wondered during that time how I would be able to work
had I needed to work, feeling the way I did, but I think a person does
what they need to do to survive.
Marie