Old August 11th 05, 12:57 PM
Ilse Witch

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:04:53 -0700, oregonchick wrote:

I just feel like a wimp. I know women who worked on their feet up until
delivery. One of our friends is a nurse and she did 12 hour shifts
until she gave birth. What's wrong with me???

You're pregnant. Your body is changing and this affects your daily life in
many small and big ways. Here in the Netherlands it is perfectly common
for a pregnant women to start her maternity leave 4-6 weeks prior to her
due date. For one, because you don't do much work when you're more than 34
weeks pregnant, but also because it is just really tough on your body.

Don't feel like a wimp. Every woman is different. Some manage to work up
until delivery, others need to be hospitalized at 25 weeks. You have no
control over this. Try to find a schedule of naps and work that works for
you. E.g. take a quick nap during lunch break if possible.

--
--I
mommy to DS (July '02)