Old May 29th 06, 06:59 PM posted to misc.kids

Default Parent in the Hospital

"P. Tierney" wrote in message
news
I have a problem at home, mostly with my 4.5 year old daughter.
It's unlikely that I'll be able to answer follow-up questions, so I'll
be as complete as I can, and any advice would be appreciated.

My wife has been in the hospital for a month. In the first three
weeks, she was essentially in a coma-like state, came "out" of
it, and is headed to a rehab facility tomorrow, likely for a few
months, so work on cognitive, occupational, physical, and
speech rehab. She isn't all the way back now, and it's hard
to say how far she will come back.

(...)

I am very sorry to hear this. I hope your wife is able to make a complete
recovery. This must have been very hard on you and your kids.

Is it possible for your wife to come home for a period, perhaps a few hours,
and more times as she gets better? Or perhaps, with the nice weather, your
wife could go outside at the rehab center, and you and your kids could meet
her outside. That might be easier for the kids. This is something you should
certainly bring up with the staff at the rehab center, and perhaps with your
kids' pediatrician. I am thinking that they will be able to connect you to
people who can help you deal with this crisis and help you help your kids.

Jeff