Old December 5th 07, 08:55 AM posted to misc.kids
Sarah Vaughan

Default Am I hurting my child by putting her in daycare at 22 months?

Beliavsky wrote:
On Dec 4, 4:38 pm, Banty wrote:

Do wring said relative's neck.

Yes, dissent from progressive orthodoxy must be silenced! Research on
problems with day care should be ignored!

I think the issue is not so much that people of a different opinion
should be silenced or ignored, as that they should have the tact not to
start telling someone that they *should* do things *this* way when they
don't know the whole story of the individual in question or why that
individual might be in a situation that means that that isn't a good option.

In this case, an important part of the whole story is that the OP needs
to keep her job. If that's the case, then a course of action that means
her losing it is not ultimately going to be in the family's best
interest, which means that it is not ultimately likely to be in the best
interest of this particular child, regardless of what general statistics
say. Therefore, laying a guilt trip on the OP about what she 'should'
be doing was not constructive and may well have been destructive. We
can all theorise about what we should be doing in an ideal world, but
the reality is that we live in non-ideal situations where compromises
are necessary.

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell