Old March 18th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.scouting.issues,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,misc.education
[email protected]

Default Boy Scout Week Salute -- Scouts teaches young people leadershipand wisdom

On Feb 24, 2:23�pm, Stan wrote:
Redirecting to rec.scouting.issues, where this belongs-

On Feb 23, 2:04 pm, "R. Steve Walz" wrote:

wrote:

On Feb 11, 7:00 am, Pubkeybreaker wrote:
On Feb 8, 1:44 pm, "Fred Goodwin, CMA" wrote:

Boy Scout Week Salute: Scouts teaches young people leadership and
wisdom

I would say, to the contrary, that it teaches them bigotry,
intolerance, and
�hatred towards gays.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Not once have I
ever heard
anyone in my troop or at the local level make any sort of derogatory
remarks
about gays. In fact, the young men in MY troop are quite liberal, in
these
terms, as are the adults who volunteer with it.

----------------------------
The BSA officially says it doesn't want gay kids as members!! What
kind of two-by-four do we have to hit you with to make you pay *******
attention???!!
Steve

As I understand the BSA's Code of Conduct, eligibility for membership
is based on what a person DOES and not what a person "is". �CHOOSING
to seek a same-sex partner, and not the inner "desire", is what makes
a person ineligible.

The reason this is an "issue" is that homosexuals claim that their
desire is as "normal" as the facial characteristics that indicate
one's continent of ancestry, while others, including me, feel that
it's as natural, and just as perverse, as a desire to for a close
relative, multiple partners, or children (i.e., "natural" does not
equal "normal"); in other words, desires that people should just use
their God-given brains to surpress.- Hide quoted text -

My Morkie should be in scouting. He's just wonderful with young boys!