Old October 11th 04, 04:25 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Vit C: Retired surgeon megadoses Vit C for 20 years...

Vit C: RETIRED SURGEON MEGADOSES VIT C FOR 20 YEARS...

Steve Hickey, PhD, co-author of Ascorbate: The Science of Vitamin C was
quoted:

"[A] skeptical, retired surgeon, has...been on vitamin C for about 20 years,
since having a heart bypass operation. I think he started it as a placebo,
as supplementing was easier
than dealing with the repeated suggestions that he needed it! However, from
a recent scan, his arteries are clear and, now he has read the book, he is
starting to think there might be something in it after all."
--Steve Hickey, PhD, co-author of Ascorbate: The Science of Vitamin C.
Interview.
DOCTOR YOURSELF NEWSLETTER (Vol. 4, No. 22, for October 20, 2004)

The retired surgeon is the father of Hilary Roberts, PhD, co-author with
Hickey of:

Hickey S and Roberts H. Ascorbate: The science of vitamin C. 2004. ISBN
1-4116-0724-4. Morrisville, NC: Lulu.com. http://www.lulu.com

How much Vit C do "Ascorbate" co-authors Drs. Hickey and Roberts and family
take?

"It varies - several grams a day at least, more if we feel under the
weather. We take it at intervals throughout the day. My (grown-up) children
take similar amounts."

I take crystalline Vit C when I remember to do so - apparently about 4 grams
a day if,

2 teaspoons a day (= about 8 g/day)
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/cg...nc&pollpage=12

I take it the dissolved Vit C crystals straight, my wife adds stevia for
sweetness.

I rinse my mouth with a baking soda/sodium bicarbonate solution immediate
after followed by fresh water.

Just like the retired surgeon - I think there might be something in
megadosing this "placebo."

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS FINALLY, MY USUAL PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

I very much appreciate that Dr. Saul says on his website:

"[C]ontact Todd Gastaldo, D.C.
for postural
information that can help to insure that MDs and CN Midwives don't
complicate delivery by closing the birth canal by up to 30%."
http://www.doctoryourself.com/pregnancy_lactation.html

FACT: OBs and CNMwives are closing birth canals up to 30% in MOST births.

It's easy for women to allow their birth canals to OPEN the "extra" up to
30% - all they have to do is roll onto their side as they push their babies
out. Women should talk to their OBs and CNMwives about this.

A medical doctor in Great Britain seems to agree with "my" biomechanics...

Though she does not seem to agree with me that closing the birth canal is an
obvious obstetric felony...

See Obstetric roof on fire! (The problem and Dr. Sarah...)

Finally...

PREGNANT AND CONSTIPATED? Vit C might help - ask your doctor...

Dr. Saul says on his Pregnancy and Lactation page:

"Constipation is quite common during gestation. It is also quite easy to
avoid (how-to information posted elsewhere on this website)."
http://www.doctoryourself.com/pregnancy_lactation.html

To subscribe for free to Dr. Andrew Saul's DOCTOR YOURSELF NEWSLETTER:

I make no money promoting Dr. Saul's website.