Old April 28th 05, 12:25 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Ericka Kammerer wrote:

*Hillary Israeli wrote:
*
* I find that when I look at "kid-friendly" places online, I get very
* discouraged. Most of the activities are for children 4 yrs old, and
* rarely do I find that anything is listed as ok for an infant!
*
* That is true of a lot of places. There are a lot more
*hoops for them to jump through providing care for infants and
*toddlers (higher staff ratios, diaper facilities, etc.). I
*have seen a few places that have more stuff for babies and toddlers,
*but not many.

It's not so much that I want to LEAVE my infant with them (heaven forbid
), it's more that I want to BRING my infant with me while we do stuff.

*
* I think with the beach thing the under-4s can't go :-(

See, that's just not fair

*Also, the kids club is for 3 and up (potty trained). You can
*get babysitters for the small fry if you want, but there isn't
*as much in the way of structured activities for them. We solve
*the problem of littles by going with family and playing pass
*the baby ;-)

Ah. We can't do that any more, now that everyone has up and joined the
family business! No one on my husband's side can vacation at the same
time, and since my dad is recently unemployed again, no one is vacationing
on that side. Well, my brother, but we wouldn't vacation together and I'll
leave that at that

* Anyway, if you wanted to hit the ground running and do lots
*of activities, you'd probably feel a bit hindered by having kids too
*young to do most of the activities or put in a kids program. If you
*have enough adults to pass around the little kids, or if you're looking
*for a less event-full vacation, then I think it would be just fine.
*Either way, you would find that they are very welcoming to kids of
*all ages. We never felt awkward having small kids around, and lots of
*other guests had small kids in tow.

Well, that's something. But really, I would like a place like the
Homestead, which allows parents to bring the little ones along on hikes
and to beaches and so on

-h.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD