Old October 3rd 06, 12:14 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

Default NIP in church? Appropriate?

In article .com,
"KR" wrote:

Jesus also ate breakfast every day, but I wouldn't sit in church and
eat my bagel and coffee... I'm not against nursing in church, but the
reason I wouldn't do it is because then I couldn't stand up for the
psalms and such and the rest of the congregation would.

I suppose it depends how important bodily positioning is in your church, but I
woud count BFing in the 'infirmity' category. I am sure there are elderly
people in your church who are unable to stand (or to stand up quickly), plus
the occasional person with a sprained ankle or whatever, and nobody would
consider their inability to stand to be irreverent. The attitude of heart is
what counts.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue