Old September 3rd 03, 10:09 PM
KC

Default bf help for women with large breasts

I think my dd still drinks that often when awake, but now is only
drinking for 5 minutes instead of all the time - lol! Seriously
though I did have to supplement early on because of low diaper counts
and dehydration. I have taken alot of galactagogues to get my supply
sufficient for my baby. I take domperidone, fenugreek and
chasteberry. I also drink tons of water. I think oatmeal helps too.

My doctor said you can drop off 3 oz of supplement at a time. Then
wait a few days and drop off 3 more oz if diaper counts are good.
Galactagogues will help make your supply increase better for dropping
off the supplementation. Plus, you may need them to produce enough
for the pump when you go back to work.

So sorry you have to go back to work so soon.

KC

"Alberta" wrote in message link.net...
Is there something special that a woman with large breasts needs to be aware
of when breastfeeding? I am having a lot of trouble with my 4 week old.
I've had to supplement since day 5, and I want to stop but she is always
hungry, so I keep having to give her formula, about 6 ounces a day! I am
sure she's getting some milk, but my Ameda Purely Yours pump gets just a
trickle out of me when I try to pump. I have to go back to work in a few
weeks so pumping is important. I've been to the LCs twice and they say
things are fine but that is under intense, controlled conditions. I've been
having to nurse her every hour during the day....she sleeps well at night
and I've been told not to wake her up so I don't, but she goes 4-6 hours
without eating at night.

Alberta