Old September 4th 03, 10:04 PM
Chris Himes

Default Two broken arms :-O

(Robyn Kozierok) wrote in message ...

So, now he is in 2 (temporary, for now) casts, each going from his hand
to above the elbow, and he can't do anything for himself. For at least
6 weeks. Give us strength! He can't get either hand close enough to
his mouth to feed himself. He currently can't write at all, but I am
hopeful that the permanent casts will allow enough finger flexibility
for him to hold a pencil.

My son broke one wrist about this time last fall, he fell off his
chair at school. Anyway, the cast was much easier to deal with than
the temporary cast, it should allow him to bend his elbows and have
pretty good finger and thumb movement. My son was able to continue
piano lessons with his left arm casted. In his case, they changed the
casts at 4 weeks and that gave us a chance to wash the arm a little
before they recasted it for 2 more weeks. It seems that 6 weeks is
pretty much the standard time for bones to heal.

Good luck
Chris