Old November 13th 03, 08:25 PM
Zucca4

Default Pedicures/Calf Massage...total no-no?

interesting...I never gave it much thought either, but after reading today's
posts I decided to ask a totally different doctor, the one who performs my
Bio-physical profiles and he wasn't surprised at all. Definitley said "death"
would be a rare instance but said calf massage was NOT advisable during
pregnancy although a pedicure with a FOOT massage would be A-ok. He said no one
in his present practice ever suffered a clot to the lungs but when he had
started out 20 years ago at his NYC office a young mother had died from what
they finally attributed to a deep massage not performed by a maternal-massage
expert.

Whatever.....for the next two weeks I can do without any calf massage I guess

I've always been one to err on the side of caution.

Lisa