Old November 15th 03, 06:28 PM
Hillary Israeli

Default Pedicures/Calf Massage...total no-no?

In ,
Zucca4 wrote:

*My lamaze teacher/labor nurse advised no calf massage at all during
*pregnancy...something about the blood being heavier during pregnancy and
*collecting in the lower body and massage unearthing a clot that could travel to
*the lungs and.....you know the rest. I ran it by my doctor and he absolutley
*agreed. I was a bit surprised as no one advised against this during the
*beginning of my pregnancy

The person who does my pedicures told me she couldn't do any foot massage
during my third trimester for similar reasons. I told my doctor at my next
appointment and he actually called her and reamed her out on the spot.
What a bunch of BS.