Old August 9th 06, 10:44 PM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

Default first day of kindergarten and homework!

"toypup" wrote in message
m...
DS finished the first day of kindergarten yesterday. For his
homework, he had to write his name, color a house, write his
address, draw a picture of someone he wants to talk on the phone
with, write his phone number. It took about half an hour and he was
exhausted. Afterward, we were supposed to read, but I wasn't going
there.

I was expecting homework, I thought maybe write one letter of the
alphabet, but this is ridiculous. I told DH and he agreed, saying
there many kids coming into kindergarten not even reading much less
writing addresses. We happen to have a very long address, so it
wasn't easy. Anyway, just venting. Today, there is more homework,
but I tried to get some of it out of the way this morning before
school so he is not overwhelmed after school.

My kids didn't have homework in kindergarten until after winter break.
And even then, what you describe sounds like a week's worth, not a
day's worth.

Bizby