Old February 13th 07, 12:22 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Tracey

Default cup training a one-year-old

"Karen G" wrote in message
For various reasons, we did not push cup training prior to 11 months
with our 4th baby. (With my other children we got them using the cup at
about 8 or 9 months and finished using bottles at 12 months.) She is
really resistant to using the cup. Any suggestions, things to try?

Try teaching her to use a straw. My kids learned to use a straw around 8-9
months old. An easy way to start teaching her this is by putting a straw in
a juice box and squeezing it just a tiny bit. It will also work with a
lidded paper cup She'll probably get the hang of it pretty quickly.