Old December 4th 03, 12:46 AM
Mary

Default We may be almost done...toddler weaning

HollyLewis wrote:

much, so it's a lot harder for him to get the mommy milk. (I'm trying
really, really hard not to connect it to me being pg, even though
that's part of the reason, so he won't resent the baby.)

You know, I've been wondering about that! I'd like to tell my DS the truth
about the pregnancy changing the milk but the resentment thing makes it sort of
sticky, doesn't it? (Anyone else want to tell us how you handled it?)

I've been wondering about that, too! In my head, I've been coming up
with ways to explain a possible milk drop-off without blaming it on the
new baby. Same goes for explaining why I might be too tired to play, or
not feeling well, etc.

says that tandemning reduces baby-resentment and such sibling problems -- and
we're going to have enough to deal with trying to change DS' sleeping habits
somehow or other, since there isn't enough room in Mommy & Daddy's bed for
four, and not enough floor space in our house for a bigger bed!

I'd like to tandem for the same reasons, but if I get pregnant and
Sproutkin self-weans that would be okay, too. We're thinking of getting
her a toddler bed in the very near future, and starting the transition.

No BTDT experience, just that I'm thinking all the same things, Holly.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 21 months