Old April 11th 05, 04:11 AM
Jeff

"Scott" wrote in message
dragonlady wrote:

(...)

Oh, a large part of it is parental laziness , and that
he doesn't care. DS is very much an I-don't-try-new-things-
unless-pushed kind of kid, and this isn't something we've
pushed.

I would think not pushing it is a good idea. There are more important things
to push until there was a reason why he had to tie shoes (soccer). Better to
push in other skills that he needed at the time.

I used to think that parents were lazy for not pushing shoe-tying, until I
saw a kid who gained indepenence wearing sneakers with velcro.

Jeff