Old November 14th 07, 01:31 AM posted to misc.kids
enigma

Default IQ and what it means in adulthood

Beliavsky wrote in
ups.com:

On Nov 13, 5:40 pm, Caledonia wrote:

Interesting. A guy in my high school's G&T program ended
up getting a PhD in Philosophy from Princeton, and he
found the best fit to be landscaping maintenance at a
cemetery, which gives him time to think in a relatively
quiet setting.

I'm too easily inclined to anthropomorphizing, and am too
much of a carnivore, hence farming would be a bad fit for
me.

Once I turned 20 (a few decades ago) I realized that the
whole advantage gained by 'achieving' in school is because
said achievements offer one more choices in life. That's
my story as a 'SAHM volunteer,' and I'm sticking with it.

In particular, high-achieving females (HAFs) can attend
good universities and join companies where they can meet
and marry high- achieving men who stay in the work force
and earn good money, thus enabling the HAFs to be SAHMs,
work part-time, or work at a low-paying but fulfilling job.
This seems like the predominant pattern for the many
high-IQ female regulars of this ng. I will want my daughter
to get a good education primarily for this reason, rather
than the possibility of her having a high-powered career
(which is negatively correlated with the probability of her
having a large family).

ugh. that sounds rather like sending a daughter to college to
get her MRS. degree. that's what middle class girls did in the
60s & 70s. college wasn't to get you a good career. it was to
find a husband with good prospect of supporting you in the
manner to which you'd like to become accustomed.
i knew several women like that in college. one dumped a very
nice young man when she found out he intended to be a research
doctor (as opposed to a surgeon, which makes more money). a
bit shallow for my taste.
lee who majored in ag. over the objections of family