Old October 21st 08, 04:08 PM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler

Default Boots! (common I'm sure)

"MarieD" wrote in message
"Babie" wrote in message
Alegra thinks she has to wear her boots with EVERYTHING. Before she was
born I referred to her as my little diva, and she certainly lives up to
that nickname. It isn't a huge deal, but how do you handle clothing
issues? We've been working a lot with the word "compromise" lately, so
she's starting to get it, but she still thinks her boots are the only
thing she can wear.

2 of my 3 daughters went through the boot phase. I let them wear them as
much as they wanted. Even in the summer with shorts, there were those
boots It was never a big deal to me if the boots did not go with the
clothes. At one point, my youngest was wearing a tiara and her boots
EVERYWHERE we went. This was over xmas so all the pics from our many
family gatherings shows her in that tiara and the pink boots. I allow it
because it's just not a battle for me.
Also I homeschool, so I am not quite so worried about appearance in the
smaller children as others seem to be.
Marie

LOL-my almost 4 yr old insists on wearing her plaid school skirt everywhere.
Luckily, Target reduced their uniform separates after labor day, so I was
able to buy a bunch of them cheap (she doesn't care that the plaid isn't
quite the same). Uniforms are not required at her school until 1st grade
except for the occasional program, but she is insistent that only the school
uniform is "right" for school.

It means that I have a VERY distinctive kid-the one who looks like she's
dressed as a preppy for halloween .