Old September 15th 03, 03:30 PM
llama mama

Default Thomas the Train question

(Irene) wrote in
om:

"CandyC" wrote in message
v.net...
Does anybody know of what Thomas the train characters I can get that
are not part of a train, just stand alone trains that the kids can
play with. Looking on ebay, but it is hard to tell what is part of
the train system or not.
(Hoping some Thomas fans are reading.)

Thanks

If you mean you don't want the track, you can also get a slightly
cheaper version of the trains at Target. (More plastic, not all wood,
I think.) They seem to have a pretty good selection, though I haven't
tried searching any. You also get characters with some of the videos,
though that's probably not how you wanted to do it!

the ones at Target are Take-Along Thomas and they are diecast metal. very
sturdy, plus there is no right or wrong way on the magnets. however they
are smaller than the Brio Thomas, so do not fit on the track (which
hasn't stopped my 3 year old from using it with his Brios anyway)
the ones with the videos are the Brios... what i want to know is why the
engine with the video isn't even related to the character the video is
about, ie we got Duncan with the Salty's Secret video. Duncan isn't even
*in* any of those stories!
lee
--
It is paradoxical that many educators and parents still differentiate
between a time for learning and a time for play without seeing the vital