Old October 25th 03, 07:19 PM
dragonlady

Default Bright 2nd grader & school truancy / part-time home-school?

In article ,
(H Schinske) wrote:

wrote:

For example, this school district I live in allows
only ten excused absences a year or you are retained.

Oh, that's insane. You can be retained just because you had stomach flu three
times, and didn't have the luck to have it over any weekends?? I can't think
of
too many things I would sue over, but a law as stupid as that, it would
almost
be fun.

--Helen

For several years, one of my daughters was so sick during the first day
of her period that she usually missed one day of school. Add one or two
short illnesses to that, and it would take very little to get up to ten
excused absences. I have some sympathy for why they have rules like
this, but it's still just wrong!

meh