Old September 22nd 06, 01:30 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated
beeswing

Default Trick-or-treating -- how old is too old?

Barbara wrote:

We don't *do* Halloween, but we did when I was a kid, so I feel I'm
still qualified to respond. ;-

IMHO, I can't see the harm in allowing her to trick-or-treat if she
wants to. Twelve is such an in-between age; some kids are
12-going-on-9, and others are 12-going-on-24 (and some go back and
forth between the extremes several times a day). She'll be rolling her
eyes at *kid stuff* far too soon; let her enjoy it as long as she
wants.

Barbara

Thanks; this is good advice. I've come to (almost) the same conclusion.
Well, I don't know about "as long as she wants"...but 12 is in-between,
and I've OK'd her for trick-or-treating this year, at least. Next year
we can revisit it. She's already saying that she probably wouldn't be
going next year.

beeswing