Old October 25th 03, 08:22 PM
ColoradoSkiBum

Default Bright 2nd grader & school truancy / part-time home-school?

: I am not an uneducated person, and I knew that what I was asking for was
: legal and appropriate -- I just hadn't had the clout to pull the right
: strings. Frankly, that makes me very angry on behalf of the kids whose
: parents don't know their legal entitlements and never hook up with
: someone who can help them.

It makes me angry too. Fortunately you knew what to ask for--and even
though you got the runaround you kept asking until it came through. Many
parents would just give up and cave in.

This all kind of reminds me of the phone company regulations. Did you know
that if they miss an appointment with you (say to install new service, or to
fix your phone line), that you are entitled to a $25 credit on your phone
bill? BUT they don't have to tell you that when you call to complain about
the missed appointment--you have to specifically ASK for it and then they
are REQUIRED to give it? Most people don't know that so they never ask!
--
ColoradoSkiBum