Old November 11th 07, 08:38 PM posted to misc.kids
Penny Gaines[_2_]

Default IQ and what it means in adulthood

Welches wrote:
[snip]antzig.

At my college in Oxford, one of the night porters had (according to rumours)
been a high flying student at one stage. She got a job after finals, but had
problems with stress and decided that she'd be happier doing a non-academic
job, so she became a porter. She'd been there about 10-15 years when I left,
and (I think left a few years after with a job in academia).
This wasn't ever confirmed to me, so it may have not been true. She was a
lovely (and interesting) person to talk to anyway.

I can definately see the appeal for the porter: a low-stress job, but
around intelligent people.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three