Old March 15th 08, 03:16 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default The PLAN How to stop the night wakings?

cjra wrote:
Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions. After discussing various
options with DH, here's what we're going to do for at least 10 days.
Pantley claims 10 days, if at that point it's not working, we'll
reevaluate and if it looks like we're making progress, we'll try
another 10 days. If not at all, then we'll re-think it.

it's my intention to see if I can dig up data on the habit thing, I've
seen the 21 days in so many places, but I don't know if it's one data
point that has propagated, or whether there is more evidence behind it.
Obviously if what you try makes you all miserable then you may prefer to
stop anyway, but if it's no worse than before, you don't want to give up
too soon! I suspect though that if it is going to work you'll notice
some changes and it's repeating what made those changes that makes it
stick. I suddenly hit an uber busy couple of days, so I'm going to have
to be disciplined and not go google it now, maybe tomorrow evening or
Sunday!

Anne