Old July 23rd 04, 10:30 PM
tristyn

Default Winter clothes

Denise Anderson wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions
on what kind of cold weather clothing I should invest in before the
move for DDs ages 6, 4, 3 and under 6 mo?

It's all about layers. In upstate NY where I used to live, it got pretty
cold in winter (I remember plenty of days of near-zero F). In that kind of
weather, I'd wear a few pairs of socks, because it's hard to keep your feet
warm. I hated long johns (they just feel weird on me!) so I'd wear a pair of
cotton tights under just about everything. Leggings are also good for adding
layers. If you see flannel-lined jeans, those are nice. Long sleeve knit
tees and turtlenecks are good for adding warmth under sweaters. And of
course gloves, scarves, and hats are a must!

Gabe had the polarfleece snowsuit from Land's End. It was warm without being
too bulky, and the hands and feet have little fold-over flaps. When driving
I'd just layer a few fleece blankets over him until the car warmed up.

tristyn
www.tristyn.net